Saturday, January 24, 2009

The first Hurrah...

After starting my wedding scavenger hunts for anything and everything to do with how I might dream of our special day, I started finding everything that I love and writing it all down here and there. I loved reading everyone's blogs, especially anything to do with vintage, class and romance. One morning, I realized how much easier it might be to just put it all down and let people see where my ramblings might be going. So here is to a new blog! I cannot wait to share with you all my thoughts.

Yesterday my wedding dress arrived. Let me tell you! I cannot wait!!! It is beautiful, simple and elegant. I started to worry about its fit but it was meant to be... It fits like a glove. It was sad though, I opened the box all alone, and was full of butterflies and hope. After a draining couple of months, I began to fear that I would never hold a candle to the beautiful brides in those lovely magazines or websites of the photographers that I could only dream would photograph our day. I was never one to little-girl-plan my wedding, because I knew that it was not going to be right if I planned it without the other person that makes it a wedding. What I did dream of, was moments of girl-squeals and laughter; of my mom crying because her little girl is getting married. It reminds me of the song "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. I cannot wait to have my family here, with me and planning... The mean-time is difficult however. So here's to the meantime and maybe the after... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment