Saturday, December 19, 2009

The good things in life...

I'm that happy go lucky, very optimistic, crazy smiley type of person. That person that usually doesn't visibly show that she's sad or frustrated or stressed.... My dear husband on the other hand, can tend to look more on the pessimistic side. His job is very stressful, and as those in the military or with military experience know, its never just a job... its your life! They own it! On the days that he has duty or he's just run down, he tends to also see everything that is bad. I asked him to tell me 10 things that were good... They were hard for him! We get to the point in our upset pessimistic mind where we don't want to see anything good... When he finished with them. he began to realize that life wasn't so bad!

During the month of November, I hopped on the lets be thankful every day on Facebook. Sometimes it was easy and sometimes it was very very hard. But it taught me that even when I think the world is out to get me, its not... That I really do have everything I need- and more!

I still try to sit back and think about the good things we have and I encourage you to do the same. Remember especially during this holiday season but also during every part in our lives, that we do have so much to be thankful for. A home, a roof over our heads, plenty of food, indoor plumbing, dogs, a husband, clothing, a christmas tree and ornaments, presents under the tree, tv, freedom, God, love, family.... I can keep the list going...

One huge thing I'm thankful for! J and I are going to be a first time aunt and uncle! This baby is going to be so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment