I have a fall wreath, Christmas wreath, Easter/spring wreath and needed something for the in between or summer!
I didn't take pictures of the process only the end result but it was so stinking easy that I should be able to just explain away.
- Paint the letter that you want to use. I used MDF and it didn't take spray paint well. I put a couple coats of Acrylic paint on afterwards to give it the color. It needs about an hour to be fully dried
- Start with a good base, mine was a straw wreath I bought at Hobby Lobby.
- Wrap that in teal yarn. It takes a little while so be prepared to watch a movie or two.. Having the yarn taught as you wrap it around make it a lot easier...
- Then take strips of burlap about 2 inches thick and about 12 inches long and tie it once around a corner of the wreath and repeat this 8 times (or as thick as you want).
- Hot glue gun some flowers (mine were discounted and ended up being about 1$ a piece) on top of the burlap
- Take a piece of burlap about 6 in in width and as long as you need and fold the ends in and thread through Letter. Pull it over the top of the wreath so that the letter hangs and hot glue it in a circle.
- Finish with another piece of burlap tied on top so that you can hang it flush to the door.
Yarn: under 4
Paint: (used a little acrylic I had in my stock)
Burlap: 3.99 a yard, used less than 1/8th, so lets say 50cents ish
Hot glue: Used less than one stick from home
Approximately 16 $ with leftovers
If you have any questions or need help in clarification please don't hesitate to ask!