Thursday, February 5, 2009

Beautiful poem!

I just read this from here and had to yell how cute! How perfect! How true...

LOVE

I love you not only for who you are,
But for who I am when I am with you.
I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself,
But for what you are making of me.
I love you for the part of me that you bring out;
I love you for putting your hand into my heaped-up heart
And passing over all the foolish, weak things
That you can't help dimly seeing there,
And for drawing out into the light
All the beautiful belongings
That no one else had looked quite far enough to find.
I love you because you are helping me to make of the lumber of my life
Not a tavern, but a temple.
Out of the works of my every day, not a reproach but a song.
I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done
To make me good. And more than any fate could have done
To make me happy.
You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sign.
You have done it by being yourself.
Perhaps that is what being a friend means, after all.

- Roy Croft


1 comment:

  1. Oh i really like this poem!!! I'm trying to find the right poem to put in our programs!!

    ReplyDelete